- Problem: Hundreds of people are dying on a daily basis because of lack of ICU beds, Oxygen supply, and many others deprived of oxygen are lying helplessly in the corridors of hospitals. Oxygen plants, concentrators, ventilators, and other equipment are coming to Nepal but without technical after sales support.
- Solution: Technical support/training of 100+ engineers who have volunteered in Nepal for the installation, maintenance & operations of oxygen plants, concentrators, & ventilators. Setting up a monitoring system/platform that provides insight into what respiratory equipment is present and its status per region. Mobilizing companies and organisations that can make oxygen plants, oxygen concentrators and ventilators to be readily available for Nepal.
- Partners: Nepal Biomedical Association[NBA]/ COVID Alliance in Nepal / Nepal Ventilators Bank / FNCCI Operation COVID Relief Nepal / Covidconnectnepal / Hospitalbeds Nepal / Non-Resident Nepali Association / Kantipur Valley College (KVC) / National Innovation Centre[NIC] / Nepal Health Research Council on board
- Impact: SAVING PEOPLE’S LIVES
The situation in Nepal is dire. Hundreds of people are dying of complications due to COVID-19 across the country and the reported number of new cases is barely decreasing. Several organizations and expats have donated oxygen concentrators and cylinders to try to fill in for a still very large demand during this time of crisis. However, there is a very small number of people in Nepal who are capable of maintenance, repair and operation of the existing machinery. Last week, we as the Diyalo foundation received a cry for help from our partners in Nepal. They formed a consortium of 12+ local organizations, including the government and different hospitals, and asked us if we could help them with three specific things:
- Setting up a monitoring system/platform that provides insights into what respiratory equipment is present and its status per region.
- Technical support/training of 100+ engineers in Nepal who have volunteered for the installation, repairing, maintenance and operations of oxygen plants, oxygen concentrators and ventilators.
- Mobilizing companies or organisations that can make oxygen plants, oxygen concentrators and ventilators to be readily available for Nepal.
Together with our team of Diyalo foundation and our consortium of partners in Nepal we can, with your much needed help, make a huge difference by SAVING PEOPLE’S LIVES. We hope that you are willing to contribute to this humanitarian mission. We would be happy to make plans for a meeting detailing our first action steps.
Co-Founder & Executive Director, Diyalo Foundation and all representatives of our partners: