Drones Geographic Mapping
- Problem: Lacking resources to Geographic Mapping rural areas
- Solution: Development of a drone which is able to acquire very high resolution data and image, also 2D and 3D mapping of geography as fast as possible at the time of need.
- Partners: Avans & RAN
- Impact: mapping small area as well as large area with low expenses in order to predict landslides & Floods
The aerial photographs are usually processed for mapping such as for production of topographic maps and other special purpose maps known as thematic maps. However, this method is expensive and suitable for large areas but it is not practical for mapping small areas. We want to introduce a Drone technology for Flood and Landslide prone areas and for a place where it is difficult to reach like mountain tops and high flowing river sires.
The goal of this Geographical Mapping is for both amateurs as well as for professionals to acquire very high-resolution data and downloaded imagery for a place which is difficult to reach with low cost as much as possible. With the help of drones we could also survey those areas which are prone to flood and landslide. Drone can also be used for creating orthomosaic images, 2D-3D maps and making further assessments.
- Our project presents a drone which can be used by both amateurs and professional for geographical mapping of dangerous places which are difficult to reach.
- A drone which can be used for both mapping small areas as well as large areas with low expenses.
- A drone which is able to acquire very high resolution data and image, also 2D and 3D mapping of geography as fast as possible at the time of need.